Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A savory ground chicken mixture wrapped in lettuce leaves is a quick and fresh dinner. Ready in less than 30 minutes and you'll find most ingredients in your pantry.
Author: Jen Seislove
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. Asian fish sauce
- 3 tsp. sugar
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions, white and light green portions
- 2 Tbs. peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- Fresh cilantro and basil leaves for serving
- Bean sprouts for serving (optional)
- Stir together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Warm the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the green onions, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, breaking it apart and stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Prepare lettuce leaves.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and cook until reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Put a heaping spoonful of the chicken mixture into a lettuce leaf.
- Top with cilantro and basil and bean sprouts (optional)
- Serve immediately.
Pin for later:
Adapted from Williams Sonoma