I make these each Christmas season and they are simple enough to just whip up and keep in the house for family and friends who visit.
What I love about cooking is its flexibility. I can add a dash here, a splash there, and give it a taste to adjust seasoning.
What I’m not crazy about is baking. I am not a baker. It’s too much pressure being so precise and having to measure each ingredient.
When I spotted this recipe for cranberry pistachio cookies, I was confident I could pull it off.
I love the soft green and red colors of this cookie.
They are perfectly sweet with a touch of salt from the pistachios.
I like to give them a bit of edible glitter for some sparkle.
I don’t serve these just for dessert…I think this is the perfect little cookie for a brunch gathering. Do you have an easy cookie recipe that you make?
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 box pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- optional - green food coloring for a more vibrant green color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, unprepared pudding mix, and flour.
- Add melted butter and eggs and stir until well mixed.
- Add pistachios and cranberries and mix well.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, making sure not to overbake so they remain soft in texture.
- Let sit for an additional 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Add edible glitter for some fun and sparkle.
Store in air tight container.
Pin for later:
Original recipe found here.