I make these each Christmas season and they are simple enough to just whip up and keep in the house for family and friends who visit.
What I love about cooking is its flexibility. I can add a dash here, a splash there, and give it a taste to adjust seasoning.
What I’m not crazy about is baking. I am not a baker. It’s too much pressure being so precise and having to measure each ingredient.
When I spotted this recipe for cranberry pistachio cookies, I was confident I could pull it off.
I love the soft green and red colors of this cookie.
They are perfectly sweet with a touch of salt from the pistachios.
I like to give them a bit of edible glitter for some sparkle.
I don’t serve these just for dessert…I think this is the perfect little cookie for a brunch gathering. Do you have an easy cookie recipe that you make?
For more easy cookie recipe inspiration, read my Easy and Rustic Lemon Rosemary Cake Mix Cookies.
Check out my list of Fun and Festive Christmas Cookie Essentials to Brighten Your Kitchen.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 box pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- optional - green food coloring for a more vibrant green color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, unprepared pudding mix, and flour.
- Add melted butter and eggs and stir until well mixed.
- Add pistachios and cranberries and mix well.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, making sure not to overbake so they remain soft in texture.
- Let sit for an additional 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Add edible glitter for some fun and sparkle.
Store in air tight container.
Pin for later:
Original recipe found here.