There’s something for everyone at brunch with these crispy golden potato galettes and customized toppings. When the weekend arrives, there is nothing I look forward to more than Sunday brunch. Sleeping in followed by a spread of delicious food all while surrounded by my favorite people has to be the sweetest part of the weekend.
Prepping for a brunch can oftentimes be high maintenance though. Traditional foods like omlets, waffles, and pancakes require me to stay put in the kitchen preparing the food while my guests get to mingle.
My take on brunch is to keep things simple, stress-free and fun. I prefer to make one or two homemade dishes surrounded by store-bought sides like fruit, breads, and pastries. A manageable menu ensures that I get to enjoy the together time with family and friends.
One of our favorite brunch must-haves is Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns. These potatoes save me time and a whole lot of energy in the kitchen on a weekend morning! The shredding is done for me, they are so easy to prepare, and I can keep them on hand in the fridge, making them incredibly convenient for any last minute recipes.These always fresh, never frozen potatoes go from farm, to fridge, to fork and are simply delicious as is or combined with other ingredients. Our favorite way to devour them is by forming them into a large pancake-like galette and topping them with sweet or savory ingredients.
After mixing with egg and flour, these potatoes are molded into a non-stick pan and then fried on both sides until perfectly browned. The result? A crispy on the outside, creamy-soft on the inside potato galette! Once sliced, each piece is a perfect serving for a casual or impressive brunch get-together.They provide the perfect base for any variety of sweet and savory toppings that can be prepared ahead of time. For those with a sweet tooth and my girls’ first choice, I top one galette with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and honey, a sprinkle of cranberries, and a dash of cinnamon.
My savory foodies get a colorful galette that features lemon soaked apples, olive oil, chives, and bacon. The Boy loves this one, you know, because of the bacon.
And for those that are a little more daring, like The Better Half, my last galette is topped with spicy curry mayo, radishes, and fresh cilantro. This slice is anything but ordinary.
Some scrambled eggs and fresh fruit complement the potato galettes perfectly, promising not to leave one single tastebud bored or belly empty.We love the slice and grab option here and the different flavors are conversation-worthy while we gather around the table.
The best part about this brunch, besides my husband doing the dishes, is that using Simply Potatoes for our galettes means I get to enjoy the food at the same time as my family. These potato galettes are simply made and simply satisfying.
Want Simply Potatoes and crispy golden potato galettes at your next brunch!?
I am giving away 3 Simply Potatoes coupons and you could be the winner!
Simply enter to win by visiting the Simply Potatoes Website and then tell me what your favorite potato dish is in the comments below. Leave your email address too.
US only. Must be age 18 or over. One entry per person. Winner will be picked at random based on the valid comments submitted.
- 2 bags Simply Potato® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries or cherries or fresh pomegranate seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 apple sliced thin and dressed in lemon juice to prevent browning
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chives
- 2 strips of bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1-2 radishes thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine all ingredients for the potato galette in a bowl and gently mix together.
- In a non-stick and oiled pan, take 1/3 of the mixture and press it down with the back of a spatula to form a "pancake" in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and then carefully flip, preferably using a large spatula.
- Cook an additional 3-5 minutes on the other side.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a cookie sheet to keep warm in the oven while you make the other galettes.
- Combine yogurt and honey. Place desired amount in center of galette. Top with fruit and a dash or two of cinnamon.
- Fan the apples out on the galette. Drizzle with olive oil. Top with bacon, chives, salt and pepper.
- Combine mayo, curry, cayenne pepper and lime juice in a bowl. Place a few dollops on the galette. Garnish with radishes and cilantro.
- When ready to serve, slice each galette like you would a pizza.
This recipe for the yogurt and curry mayo makes enough to have leftover for dipping, if desired.
The potatoes are so versatile so top with anything you desire.
For a faster food to table experience, use more than one pan and cook galettes at the same time.